1/10 the consumption rate for the same effective heating to your living space
|Details on Rocket mass heaters
- Rocket heating stove heats up your home with 80% to 90% less wood, exhaust is nearly pure steam and CO2 (a little smoke at the beginning)
- the heat from one fire can last for days you can build one in a day or two
- folks have built them spending less than $20
- less CO2 than natural gas or electric heat
- if you buy the wood, it costs less to operate than natural gas
- Virtually no smoke or carbon monoxide byproducts, just carbon dioxide, and steam
- Very little ash buildup with easy clean-out
- Vertical wood inlet to a small firebox
- Horizontal burn chamber
- Insulated internal flue or riser
- A drum or barrel over the riser for gases to cool and give off heat
- An exhaust at the bottom that often extends through a cob bench to slowly store & release heat
|Rocket mass heater's plan
A quick video| how a rocket mass heater works
|Chimney through in mass
- This could be the cleanest and most sustainable way to heat a conventional home. Some people have reported that they heat their home with nothing more than the dead branches that fall off the trees in their yard.
- A regular wood stove will extract heat immediately. A rocket mass heater will direct the fire through an insulated space to make the fire burn much hotter before harvesting the heat. This burns the smoke and creosote. Then most of the heat is extracted and put into the room. Any remaining heat is pushed through a mass to be slowly released over the next couple of days.
- Smoke is wasted fuel. It's also poisonous. Good mixing, high-temperature combustion, and the right balance of draft and drag create a clean-burning, efficient stove. Efficient stoves use less wood, as well as promoting healthy air for everyone in the neighborhood.
- The smoke coming from a chimney of a regular wood stove is typically 300 to 600 degrees and a large volume - and typically stinks up the neighborhood. The exhaust from a rocket mass heater is typically 70 to 120 degrees and a small volume - and is usually clear and without odor.
|Beautiful rocket mass heaters